jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Corner Of The Earth Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 19:35    Reply with quote

Corner Of The Earth Video
A few days ago some fans have related that they saw the new video COTE on spanish and portuguese TV.

Please, can someone write a detailed review of the video? I wanna know EVERYTHING!!! Wink

Did someone record it already? Who can make a copy for a very curious mouse??? love2

CosmicMouse

DIDGIN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 19:59    Reply with quote

what I wanna know is
what is the edit? what did they cut? sad that it has no other chice but to be edited. Sad

I suppose they cut off the outro, but what else? the intro? the trumpet solo? the 5 times J sings "I know this corner of the earth it smiles at me"? all the adove are currect?

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 17:53    Reply with quote

Run people, run to funkin.com and download a snippet and 12 nice screen captures of the COTE video !!! It's fantastic! I love it!!! love5 What would we do without David???? Kiss

http://funkin.com/downloads/new/

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Fri Sep 19, 2008 09:35; edited 1 time in total

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 18:16    Reply with quote

ohhhh my goooood... j is wearing headgear and you can STILL see his eyes... i'm speechless.. Wink

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 18:49    Reply with quote

COTE Video & Where you can download COTE Radio edit!
alright Hello everyone, :jay3:

Yeah, the "COTE" video looks GREAT, I never knew Jay Kay had a Indian headdress, looks both eerie & cool at the same time! I also noticed some nice little SFX, the fog effect and instant snow, pretty cool, looks like Jamiroquai is back on the right track on making awesome videos! I wonder if the band will be in the rest of the video, maybe all dressed up as different forest animals: Sola dressed as a chipmunk, Derrick as a squirrel, Nick as a baby deer, Rob as a bear, and DJ Desire as..uhhh..how about a dumbfounded hunter.. Laughing ! The Funkin Site really does rule, without David's site, we fans would be as lost Jay Kay in the woods! I discovered that the French Buffalo Forums have the Radio Edit of "COTE" for free downlaod at their site, (Someone left a post in J-Talk!), but remember you have to join the forum to download the track, I downloaded it and boy is it good: LINK: http://www.thebuffaloforums.fr.st Click on "Register" then once logged on, click on "Downloads" Keep up the great work CosmicMouse & Bear and I'll be posting the tracklisting for both "COTE" releases (CD & DVD) in a few! Peace!

Sitting on My Corner Of the Earth listening to nature wake from slumber,
JamiroFan2000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 19:00    Reply with quote

COTE-DVD????? where is that creditcard? Smile

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 14:04    Reply with quote

Crash Boom Bang
Very Happy sunny Some dreams do come true! sunny Very Happy

Has our great sorcerer supersonic white JK heard the many prayers from his desperate fans who could not bear the twisted Evil or Very Mad trend of the latest videos?

The video of COTE is a real treat! I find it original, beautiful, meaningful, deep and true to the spirit of Jamiroquai.
Eventually, JK "gives us something that nobody else can give". somersault good

The Indian AFO hat issues are so connected to Jamiroquai! The Indian look suits JK so well! This video had to be filmed sooner or later.

The video of COTE represents both:
- a movement back to the roots = the love of Nature, like in EOPE
and
- a progression = this love of Nature is no longer the reason for fighting, but blossoms into a personal inner relationship which enriches the individual

From the warm bossa-nova style of COTE, we could have expected to see an Indian in the South American Rain Forest. But we are set in the snow of North America, where the true warmth comes from communion between the Human and his environment.

To use the image of the Indian chief for COTE (the most beautiful track on AFO for my taste) is a powerful message.

The intimate atmosphere is suggested by the forest. JK seems to have a kind of spiritual retreat: the trees isolate him from his brothers. This forest, both dark and pure, may stand for the consciousness of the Human being. The animals which come to him may represent the different sides of his own personality.
The sunny sun is not seen directly, but rays of light are shining through the trees, like the symbol of hope or like a revelation to come.
I find it quite reassuring to see that JK manages to express his soul in such a powerful and beautiful way.
What a relief after the (boring) materialistic inclinations of the regret last videos!

Talking about America, someone on the French site mentioned “Dance with the Wolves” after watching the video of COTE. I can imagine that this video could have some success over there…

From the marketing point of view, this video is quite clever too. It will strengthen the recognition effect about Jam-“Iroquois” for those who, if this is still possible, have only a vague idea about this talented group.

Although I was hoping to see the other members of Jamiroquai in this video, I now have no regret.
The video of COTE functions so well with a single character. Indeed, it intensifies the relationship between the Human and Nature. For instance, the bird of prey (eagle?, falcon?) has been filmed very close. You can see its eyes, as if its look was responding to JK’s look, as if their relationship was defined in terms of equality. Very very nice symbol!
It reminds me of these words in “Use the Force”: I can do Eagle Eye, circling I the sky...”

How I long to watch the video in full length!

sunny

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:06    Reply with quote

okay, people, shoot me, but i dont think that the video is that brilliant! of course i will buy the dvd and the cds, but still...

please dont get me wrong here, i like it! its a good video, and i do like the song. but i have seen better videos by jamiroquai. canned heat, virtual insanity, deeper underground (...) are - in my personal oppinion - much better than COTE.

i like the fact that the video shows jay so connected to the earth, that his corner of the earth seems to be right in the middle of nature... but from the design-point-of-view - sorry, but there are better videos out on the market..

oh, and one question. why did they have to shoot the video in south-africa when they needed a scandinavian kind of background? Wink

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:27    Reply with quote

Dangerous hunter ahead!
Very Happy Allright CosmicBear!

Watch out, because I have got my riffle ready now and I am about to shoot around like a wild hunter to get a nice warm bear skin for the winter!
(This does not sound Jamiroquai-nature-bound like at all, eh, eh Laughing LOL ).

You definetely have to explain yourself about :
Quote:
from the design-point-of-view - sorry, but there are better videos out on the market..

Which standard do you use to evaluate the quality of the design in this video? Why is your rating "not so good"?

Which other videos are you referring to? Why do you find them good? This will help me understand your point of view.

I would say that the video of COTE is not as original as Virtual Insanity, for instance. Still, the pictures and symbols of the video match and thus amplify the meaning of the song, which is one positive point when assessing the quality of a video.

About the film locations in South Africa, I thought that it was a joke. Now I am as puzzled as you are. Or maybe, we all know the answer: JK wanted to have a little trip there at the costs of Sony Wink !

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 13:57    Reply with quote

oh, oh, i better watch out for you then, sunray anxious good for me i am leaving the country tomorrow. have fun by hunting me down Wink

okay, to your questions what was that noice behind me? sunrayvibe with her riffle? looking nervously over my shoulder let me extend the quote a bit "from my design-point-of-view..." i agree with you, that the style of the video fits the music and the mood of the song. what i don't think is quite so fitting to the song is that it is so quiet in there. nature isn't a silent thing. for me, nature is something that has lots of sounds, lots of different living creatures. the symbols which are used in the video are rather dark and/or kind of dangerous. i think, i miss the sun in it. i miss the lighthearded meaning of the song. i enjoy "my corner of the earth" i am not crouching down...

the videos i like better - in the meaning of fitting better to the song - are (besides VI, DU and CH) for example Supersonic. The style of the video fits the song. even though it is based at a concert, you can get the impression of "the warrior" in it. it's hard to explain. it's more of a feeling i am talking about. but like i said, it's a personal oppinion. don't hate me for it. who's that person outside my window dressed in black? "i am holding a broomstick in my hand and i am not afraid to use it. come out there whoever you are"

about your idea of jk having sony paying for his trip to south africa. that's an interessting thought. i think, it works for me! :)

okay, off to england now.
see ya round, guys

and please, sunrayvibe, put that gun do... BANG AAAAAAHHHRRGGG BANG BANG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 14:23    Reply with quote

Poor little bear!
Twisted Evil Ah, Ah, Bear!
It was not me shooting at you. I swear roll eyes .
You are lucky that the weather is so hot Cool these days... I will give up the idea of the nice warm bear fur... until next winter.

How dare you Shocked leave the country without notifying me before! OK, you are a free bear, so do as you please.

I wish you a hell burn of a time. Have fun! Say hello! Have a Cappucino at a coffee shop and think of me!
How long will you stay abroad? Very Happy Come back soon!

By the way, is my little gift on the mail way? If not, I'll hijack your plane to get it!!!

OK, I understand what you mean. As you say it is a matter of feeling.. and the video of COTE speaks my language. So I'll keep on enjoying it.

Take care.
sunny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: